Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Must See TV

I'm already semi-addicted to house flipping shows. There are actually two different shows with the titles "Flip That House" and "Flip This House." I think that's pretty funny. I love the drama, although it's hard to tell how much of it is created in the editing room. I HATE it when they get to the very end of the show and they don't tell you how much they made. Talk about getting all dressed up with nowhere to go . . .

There's a new show on Bravo called "Flipping Out." You MUST watch it. It's insanely funny, largely due to the fact that the star is, in fact, insane. Well, at least seriously afflicted with OCD. He's so grateful that he's found a profession that "capitalizes on and celebrates his disease." He also states quite matter-of-factly that none of his employees would be able to pass a psychological evaluation. He's got about five people who do his bidding . . . his assistant (who could be Julia Louis-Dreyfus' double), two house assistants (only one just got fired) who pick up dog poop in the yard, clean the cat "sand", go get lunch for him and make sure that all his items in the refrigerator have the label facing out. Jeff (the flipped out guy) admits that he's just like the guy in "Sleeping With the Enemy" except he doesn't have "the homicidal tendencies." He's got a guy who just takes out trash and cleans up his properties and he's got a maid. And three pets, one of whom, he claims, enjoys acupuncture. He also has a spiritual healer and a snorkle of psychics. If that's not enough to make you want to watch, then you'll just have to take my word for it. Or how about this? A recent order he placed with his assistant for a drink to accompany his sandwich went something like this: "Ideally, I'd like 15 percent fruit juice, 50 percent Sprite and 35 percent lemondade. If they don't have fruit juice, make it 15 percent lemonade and 85 percent Sprite. Or 7-Up." Not even kidding a tiny bit. Well, maybe the percentages were fudged a little because I can't remember them exactly (but you can bet he would). You get the point. Which is, YOU MUST WATCH THIS SHOW. At least once.

I'm seriously - and I mean, seriously - considering going insane to see if anyone will make a reality show out of my life. I'm already a good ways there and it wouldn't take much effort at all to finish the trip. Stay tuned . . .

4 comments:

morghan said...

we are addicted to the house flipping shows too. it's scary, because after watching a few of them you get a small inkling in the back of your mind that you could do it too.
kate and i wanted to see the OCD guy's show, but have forgotten to tune in.. hopefully, it took the place of "Hey Paula." that show was a joke.

jdmartin said...

Let's do it together! Ha! I think his show's on Tuesday night, but I could be wrong. And, poor Paula. I think they "tried to make her go to rehab, but she said, no, no, no."

Jessica said...

I can't contribute much here...haven't seen the show, but it sounds twistedly entertaining. I'm still 3 weeks behind on my "so you think you can dance" episodes. Gotta love DVR :)

blogsurfer said...

I'm sure you're gonna love it when you've finally see it. It was very interesting. I love "Tori" on "Flipping Out". Tori is the first psychic who didn’t seem like a freak. This woman is awesome. She’s someone I’d watch every week. I’d love to meet her. Two thumbs up for this show.