Friday, August 8, 2008

The Martin's Back Yard (Rated R)

I'm a bit ashamed to admit it. But then I saw some wreathing a sign at a church and I figured maybe they're not so bad. But still. How would you like it if you had dozens and dozens of naked ladies in your back yard?

One day I looked out my bedroom window and there they were. Standing there, tall and proud and baring it all. For the whole world to see.

I'm pretty sure there's another name for these long-limbed flowers. But Ron calls them naked ladies and I think that's funny. They're obviously so named because of the curly pink foliage that perches atop their long, long stems. It's like they all went to the beauty college for a perm and pink dye job.

So, if you're driving by and have small children in the car (or men who are prone to ogle), you might want to distract them by telling them that you see the ice cream truck ahead.

I'm thinking about handing out flyers inviting folks to come see the Naked Ladies of Merriam. For a small cover charge, of course.

No comments: