Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lassie, Come Home

Or, in this case, Ron, Come Home! For the last five weeks Ron's been in Iowa during the week being the Miracle Worker on some power plant in Council Bluffs. His last day in this tour of duty is tomorrow and I am SO excited that he'll be home again.

Of course, I'm excited to have him back so that I have someone intelligent to converse with. Not that Tyler's stupid or un-scintillating . . . he's just never here. And Zooey? Well, the only communication she's able to handle is to stand in front of me and stare at me until I (or Tyler) take her outside for the eighty-fifth time in a day for her to go grass hunting, i.e. smell a blade of grass for fifteen seconds and then move on to the next blade.

And, I'm excited to have him back so we can spend some time on the porch, although I fear our porch sitting days are numbered as the heat of August threatens to roar down upon us.

But, truth be told . . . I also miss him like crazy because of all the stuff he does. Like watering the plants (which I "entrusted" to Tyler). And making sure that we're not getting water in our basement after the torrential rains we got last night. Oh, I could make sure we weren't getting water in the basement, but I'm not so sure I'd know what to do if we did. And, finally, I'll be glad that he's home to do his share of grass hunting with Zooey. Hmmm. Grass Hunting With Zooey . . . sounds like a great title for a PBS show circa 1967.

No comments: