Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Justice Would NOT Be Served

I don't think I'd be a good juror. On any kind of trial. Why? I'll tell you why. But first, the backstory.

Ron got called for jury duty and was selected to be one of the Twelve Angry Men (actually, they do allow women to be jurors these days, so he was one of Five Angry Men and Seven Angry Women). The trial lasted two days. After the first day I peppered him with questions, but got no answers. Which made me even more determined to get something out of him. He went to bed at 7:30 just so he wouldn't have to listen to me. Not really, but I'm sure it crossed his mind more than once during the evening.

Last night when he got home he was allowed to tell me the details of the trial, but even then I wasn't satisfied. I kept asking him questions. And more questions. That's when I realized I'd be a bad juror. I'm sure I'd raise my hand and ask questions during the trial. Or at least I'd want to. And I don't think that would sit too well with anyone in the court room. I can't help it . I have an inquiring mind. And you know what they say about inquiring minds. We want to know. EVERYTHING!

No comments: