Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Murphy's Law

A couple of days ago I was all ready to blog about the fact that NOT ONE PERSON has asked to see my photo ID since I wrote it on the back of my debit card (instead of signing my name), when, lo and behold, someone asked me for it tonight. AND I COULDN'T FIND MY DRIVER'S LICENSE. At first I was mortified. Then just plain pissed. I think I left my license in the envelope I got back from the bank last week when I made a deposit and got some money back. Ron swears he didn't throw that envelope away so when I got home I got to dig through the trash to look for it.

Talk about humbling. It was more like filthy, disgusting, putrid, flesh crawling . . . you get the picture. Anyway, I couldn't find it so tomorrow I'll have to run right over to the DMV and get a new license. Exactly how I wanted to spend my Wednesday. I guess it could be worse. I could have gotten stopped for speeding (which is what Ron thought happened when I told him I couldn't find my license) and ended up in lockup with JoJo, Crystahl and Daddy Mac. And since Ron's out of town, I'd be there until Thursday. Yeah. That would be worse.

No comments: