Thursday, December 27, 2007

Eccentric or Crazy? You Decide . . .

From time to time Ron gets a little, shall I say "put out" by the fact that he appears so regularly as a featured guest/target in my blog. This discomfort usually comes when someone other than the four people in our family actually read my blog - which is increasingly rare and may prompt me to just forget the whole thing (yes, that's blackmail). The other day one of his colleagues at work happened upon it and read about Ron's stereo component revelation and apparently gave Ron the business (that's a phrase straight out of "Leave it to Beaver" - translated it means he gave Ron a hard time).

So, now Ron's all "Quit using me in your blog." To which I calmly and lovingly reply - again -"Quit giving me so much good material." I told him not to worry, that it just makes him appear eccentric, which, in my mind, is a much kinder and gentler word than "crazy." So over the last few days Ron's been polling our family about which word is better. Most agree with me (smirk) and just leave it at that. Which should make Ron really nervous because you know they're all thinking "Pretty words can dress it up BUT A NUT IS A NUT!"

Actually, I think I'M the one whose certifiable. Discuss . . .

2 comments:

morghan said...

hahahahaharha. krazy train!! today i put on my new puffy long winter coat with my hair all puffed out and told kate i look like ozzy ozbourne in the 'crazy train' video. she silently agreed and told me i'm KRAZY!doesn't he look a lot like sharon in that video?!

jdmartin said...

Ok, so I had to youtube the crazy train video and I must say . . . Ozzy's picture should be in the dictionary by the word "crazy." And I did, indeed, find one video where he did resemble Sharon. It was the heavy duty eyeliner that did it.