Saturday, November 24, 2007

Enough Already

I've decided to live my life in a dvr'd state. Or at least the part of my life that watches television. If I hear "Every kiss begins with Kay" I think I'll drive nails into my ears. It's a very handy thing, this dvr technology. I'm kind of wishing they could develop a version that tapes life's most unpleasant moments. You know - during those times when I'm just too busy (or tired) to deal with the chaos of being an empty nester, working whenever I darn well please, trying to decide whether to watch Martha Stewart or Ellen or The People's Court and really being in want of nothing. (Is the sarcasm just a little too much for you? Perfect! I do have to confess that I rarely watch any of the aforementioned shows. Prime time's my guilty pleasure.)

Back to my sad little life . . . those messy little episodes could be viewed at my convenience. Oops, what do you know? I've accidentally erased one or two (or all) of those unpleasant moments without ever having to deal with the pain, awkwardness, anger, self-loathing usually associated with those life events that . . . what? Build my character? Grow my faith? Make me wise? Dang. Double dang. I really thought I was onto something there. Ok, so no dvr-ing my next run in with an incompetent salesclerk or bad driver or Ron. I'll live life in the moment, flying by the seat of my pants, throwing caution to the wind. Now THAT would be something worth taping.

No comments: