Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Just Sayin' . . .

So . . . who can tell me the difference between Bristol Palin and Jamie Lynn Spears? Oh, wait. I can! Jamie Lynn Spears was raked over the coals for her unplanned pregnancy and Bristol Palin is being heralded as having made a pro-life choice. But there are some STARTLING similarities to their situations . . . BOTH are teens, BOTH made the choice to have their babies and BOTH are married/getting married to the fathers of their babies. So what makes Jamie Lynn Spears a villain and Bristol Palin a saint?

I'm not trying to pass judgement . . . I just think it's ironic that there could be two really similar situations that have generated such different reactions.

Like I said, I'm just sayin' . . .

4 comments:

Tom and Leah said...

jamie lynn spears is a role model for teens and bristol palin is one of those teens who maybe looked to spears...just saying.

but the real difference is between sarah palin and lynn spears.

morghan said...

niceeeeeee

jdmartin said...

Agreed on the role model . . . but do they even get the Disney Channel in Alaska =) But, I'd bet that Bristol Palin was also a role model amongst her peers and family. I'd also bet that both moms discussed the drawbacks of having a child before you're really ready (Lynn Spears certainly had first hand experience in that with her elder daughter). In the end, both girls failed to exercise good judgement, but chose to do the right thing.

marybinashland said...

All I can is, "There, for the grace of God, go I."

A parent can talk to their children until they're are blue in the face...but kids will be kids...just like I was...however I was lucky!