Thursday, March 20, 2008

Redneck Love

Last night, when I should have been sleeping because I had to get up at 6:30 a.m., I was channel surfing and happened upon "My Big Fat Redneck Wedding." It was like I was a deer in headlights. I couldn't tear myself away, even though I knew by watching I was entering into that black hole called "You Don't Have Enough Healthy Brain Cells To Be Watching This."

It wasn't the decision to have the bridesmaids carry flowers in beer cans that sent me over the edge. It was the groom who solved the flower dilemma by demonstrating above mentioned flowers in beer can with his handy pocketknife and 16 oz. beer can he'd just guzzled while talking with the florist. It wasn't the fact that he then artfully peed his bride-to-be's name in front of the florist's store that sent me over the edge. "What?" he innocently asked? "I told you I had to pee." It wasn't the John Deere t-shirts that the groomsmen wore, nor was it the orange t-shirts the bridesmaids wore.

This is what sent me over the edge.

On the day of the wedding, the bride woke up only to discover that she couldn't find her teeth. She tore apart her hotel room looking for her choppers. She was still in a panic when she confessed to her soon-to-be mother-in-law that she couldn't find her teeth. The mother-in-law, without missing a beat, said (here it comes):

"Ya want mine?"

Here's a clip from the same show . . . note - go to the bathroom before you watch this if laughing causes you to lose a little . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9tniq6trNc&feature=related

No comments: